What to keep in mind?
Trade Union of Media of Montenegro invited all decision makers in the media to ensure the protection of media workers in these extraordinary circumstances.
What to keep in mind? Recommendations for editors and media management:
1. Provide all journalists and members of the media staff with a sufficient number of mask;
2. Provide body temperature checking and hand disinfection when entering the media premises;
3. Provide soap, water and disinfectants;
4. If they use a transport, it must be disinfected after each task;
5. Most television appearances should be online. If it is necessary for you to have a guest in the studio, he / she must undergo disinfection and verification when entering the media premises;
6. Journalists and employees who are in a different condition should also be excluded from reporting COVID-19;
7. Journalists over 60 years of age and with chronic illnesses are considered a risk group and should not be brought into contact with the public, nor with journalists who have been on the outside;
8. Considering the possibility of infecting the journalist or part of the media staff, it is advisable to establish several separate COVID-19 reporting teams;
9. If it is possible, organize work from home for your journalists with clear guidelines and instructions;
10. Journalists are stressed, it is recommended that you speak with them and hire a professional psychologist to work with a team reporting on the pandemic.
Trade Union of Media of Montenegro